Collection of Information
Data Collection Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us:
- Your name
- Email address
- Address or postal code
- Payment method(s)
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Information when you choose to give feedback, practice partner preferences, account settings, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically:
- Your activity on Buzzli App, such as mistakes made, lessons interacted with, practice partners talked to.
- Your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels.
- Details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time, and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings.
- Device IDs or other unique identifiers.
- Location coordinates (latitude, longitude).
- Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers (AAID, GAID)), such as those on mobile devices.
- Device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (Wi-Fi, cellular), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information.
Use of Information
Data Usage and Retention Policy
- To determine your general geographic location to offer relevant localized solutions and content.
- To operate the Service, monitor the effectiveness of the Service, improve the content of the Service, and improve layout and design.
- To help provide you with a smooth, efficient user experience.
- To monitor, analyze, and describe usage patterns and performance of the Service, including aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To conduct system administration and system troubleshooting and to diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To comply with legal requirements and processes (for example, in response to subpoenas, court orders, and law enforcement or governmental requests or investigations), and to protect our legal rights or the rights of others (for example, by working to reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of the Service).
- With respect to information collected through the Application described in the Information Collected Automatically section above, to assist in marketing efforts, including, for example, by tailoring and serving advertisements, and by tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- In connection with a business transaction, such as the bankruptcy or liquidation of, sale of, purchase of, or merger with our business or another business.
We will retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary in relation to the purposes for which this data was collected. In many instances, we will retain your data while it is necessary for your use of the Service, which may include maintaining this information beyond when you cease using the Service. For instance, Buzzli may retain users' data for the following purposes:
- To develop new features and improve the Service.
- To support subsequent customer service inquiries.
- To improve the safety and security of the Service; or
- Comply with our legal obligations.
You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you by writing to us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Information
Personal Information Handling
Personal Information Handling
We will not rent or sell your personal information to others, nor will we share your personal information with independent third parties for marketing purposes. We use other companies, agents, or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure, and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to process payment transactions or other payment methods, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. The handling and use of information is governed by their individual privacy policies.
Below are categories of recipients of your personal data and some examples of the third parties in that category. If you would like more information on any of these categories or specific recipients, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories and Examples:
- Cloud Service Providers (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Freshchat, Amazon Web Services, Firebase, and Agora.io)
- Communication Services (e.g., Sendgrid and SMS Gupshup)
- Payment Processors (e.g., Razorpay)
- Login Partners (e.g., Facebook and Google)
- Analytics (e.g., Firebase)
- Logs & Technical Errors Trackers (e.g., Sentry and Crashlytics)
- Data Warehousing (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
Email and Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message. You can write to us at email@example.com or get in touch with our customer service. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. Push Notifications. You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from Buzzli. On some device operating systems, you will be automatically enrolled in the notifications. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device's settings functionality to turn them off. Your Information and Rights You can request access to your personal information or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. For other requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be at least 13 years of age or older to use the Buzzli App. Minors may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Buzzli app after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgment and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
We will disclose any information we collect, use, or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account and personal data will likely be among the assets transferred.
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Mobile Application or its Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Mobile Application and its Services.
Contact Information and Last Update
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
This document was last updated on January 15, 2023.